Who are we?
GeoPacific Consultants Ltd. is a specialized geotechnical engineering firm with offices located in Vancouver and Kamloops. Since 1985, our firm has worked on over 13,000 projects across BC and Alberta. The majority of our work occurs in the Greater Vancouver area and Fraser Valley. Today, GeoPacific is home to 40 employees under the direction Matt Kokan, P. Eng. who is both owner and one of two principals.
Our services include: site investigation, site preparation and foundation design for residential (single dwellings to multi-unit high-rises), commercial, industrial, institutional, and infrastructure projects (roads, damns, pipelines, and mass transit). We are specialists in the use and interpretation of electronic cone penetration testing for pile design and foundations on soft clays and liquefaction studies. In 2011, we expanded our services to include an onsite materials testing laboratory to meet the increased technical demands of our work.
GeoPacific has developed a talented team comprised of professional engineers, project managers, engineers in training, technicians, drafters, and an administrative team to manage the operations and financial side of the firm. The key personal of GeoPacific include:
- Bryon Richardson, P. Eng. (Senior Engineer)
- John Carter, M.Eng, P.Eng. (Principal)
- Keith Robinson, M. Sc., P.Eng. (Principal Consultant)
- Kevin Bodnar, P. Eng. (Engineer)
- Marian Letavay, M.Sc., P. Eng. (Senior Engineer)
- Matt Kokan, M.A.Sc., P.Eng. (Principal)
- Steven Fofonoff, M. Eng., P.Eng. (Senior Engineer)
GeoPacific has been involved in a number of prominent residential, commercial, institutional, and infrastructure projects. Over the past 25 years we have developed significant geotechnical investigation and design expertise. Here are GeoPacific we value:
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Every project at GeoPacific is carefully managed by one of our senior engineers. Day to day work is assigned and carried out by members of our design and technical staff. The creation of innovative solutions is a product of these multidisciplinary project teams. Our commitment to collaboration is also evident in our external work with clients, design teams, government, and community stakeholders.
- Technical Innovation: Our firm thrives on the challenges presented by our clients. We strive to deliver practical solutions that are technically accurate. Our design recommendations are based on a wealth of varied professional and educational experiences that each member of our staff brings to the firm. Some of our engineers bring international expertise, while some have honed their skills within the firm.
- Professionalism: The delivery of solutions on time and on budget is extremely important to our firm. Our clients can count on GeoPacific to deliver results within tight timelines. We also make it a priority to communicate with both the design team and our clients at every step of the project.